Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding ssh users, but not on login screen.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding ssh users, but not on login screen.

Hi, I would like to add some users that can log in via ssh, and start individual X applications, but I do not want them to show up on the login screen.

Actually I like the login screen of Ubuntu, since it does not show any users.

Is there a way of either adding users without them showing on the login screen, or removing the select user on the login screen?

Re: Adding ssh users, but not on login screen.

Do you mean the options in "System Settings > Tab Advanced > Login Manager > Tab Users"?
    You could i.e. disable "Show list", which require the user to type the username and password, or you could play with the checkboxes for "hidden users"
    Once your problem is solved please edit the first post of your topic and add [SOLVED] in front of the subject. In that way, others can benefit from your experience!

Comment

For me, when you turn off the user list, it leaves a whole bunch of empty space on the left... Does it do the same for you?
      For external use only.

Comment

Yes, the username and password field are on the right. It looks quite normal to me.
        Once your problem is solved please edit the first post of your topic and add [SOLVED] in front of the subject. In that way, others can benefit from your experience!

Comment

Originally posted by JohanLingen
          Do you mean the options in "System Settings > Tab Advanced > Login Manager > Tab Users"?
          You could i.e. disable "Show list", which require the user to type the username and password, or you could play with the checkboxes for "hidden users"
          Just what I was looking for, I guess I was starring my self blind looking for it, since I had already been in this place looking for it. :-D
          Thanks a bunch.
          Brian/

Comment

Working...
          X