X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Num Lock fail and updates not searching for kubuntu

hi all,

Firstly I would like to apologise for the extensive amount of time since I was last here, but those of you that DO remember me, will remember that I had a problem with Kubuntu that I couldn't fix so I went back to Ubuntu to have a rest and rest my weary head from the problem.

Anyway, I'm back and have a couple of problems.

Firstly, I am using a USB keyboard at the moment, which I changed round about the time I installed the KDE desktop on top of my GG Ubuntu. So now I don't know if it's because I need to sort something with the keyboard in bios, or whether I need to do something in Kubuntu to get my Num Lock to switch on for start up. Advice would be gratefully appreciated

Secondly, because I installed the KDE desktop ontop of Ubuntu (so have the choice of ubuntu or kubuntu on signing in, I have Kubuntu set as default and have auto login, so the only way to change back to ubuntu is to log out (Ctrl Alt Bkspace option)

Anyway (stops waffling) When Adept does it's update checks when I log in to Kubuntu, it's only searching the Ubuntu repositories. Last time I tried to do something in repositories, I buggered them up big time, so I would appreciate someone letting me know (layman's terms, I'm still a dummy! :P) how to make sure that the Kubuntu repositories are checked too?

If I didn't make sense, or I waffled too much, I apologise, I had a very bad episode of being ill in December '06 and I'm still seriously ill neurologically etc now (I waffle a lot and sometimes don't even make an ounce of sense even though I think I do).

Thank you in advance for any replies of assistance.

Carol
    I don&#39;t have a brain, I have a nucleus, basic functions are a doddle, yet ask me a question and I&#39;m dead.<br /><br />Tamed Nature

Re: Num Lock fail and updates not searching for kubuntu

or whether I need to do something in Kubuntu to get my Num Lock to switch on for start up
    try kmenu (start) systemconfig->keyboard->keyboard->numlock at start up (or something like that, mine is in german) must be activated.

Anyway (stops waffling) When Adept does it's update checks when I log in to Kubuntu, it's only searching the Ubuntu repositories.
    AFAIK there are no kubuntu specific repos. The ubuntu repos are universal for all ubuntu, kubuntu, etc.

I hope that helps
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Thank you I found the num lock option, it was set to "leave unchanged" so I chose "on" I presume this will be correct.

Thanks for the heads up on the repositories too, I would hate to be not up to date with updates lol

Thank you again
      I don&#39;t have a brain, I have a nucleus, basic functions are a doddle, yet ask me a question and I&#39;m dead.<br /><br />Tamed Nature

Comment

No problem, glad to be of help
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
        X