Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Klamav results - what should i do with this lot?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Klamav results - what should i do with this lot?

I've just run Klamav for the first time and when it got to the end there was a list of stuff (38 viruses/problems) which it said it would quarantine but then said it couldn't do it . "There was a problem quarantining /usr/share/apps/krita/templates/rgb/.source/white_640x480.kra. Check your diskspace, the permissions on your quarantine location and whether a file with the same name already exists in the quarantine. " (typical example)
    All of the files are listed as "loose", 2 of them are broken exe's, the rest are over size zip or GZIP exceeded limit.
    I tried to copy and paste the results but it wouldn't let me.
    What should i do to resolve these things, are they anything to worry about?
    Thanks

Pete

Re: Klamav results - what should i do with this lot?

I have no experience with klamav but in order to write to /usr you have to be root - and I wouldn't do anything as root unless you know what you are doing.

As to whether you should worry about them - you can safely forget about the exe and oversized compressed lot. Never heard of a *.kra file...
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Hi Petest,

I would try running ClamAV as sudo. The files should be able to be deleted. Probably nothing you were using anyway. More likely windows viruses found and for your linux system it shouldn't be a problem. Haven't heard of any viruses written for Linux. Probably some out there but not that many.

J
      8)

Comment

Thanks folks

Comment

I would suggest running ClamAV. It runs as a service.
          txWingMan

Comment

Working...
          X