This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto sync

I've searched this forum and Amarok's for an answer and googled it and still haven't found anything.

What I want to do is auto sync my ipod. Anyone know of how to do this?

Re: Auto sync

I don't think Amarok currently supports syncing, only connecting to and manually editing the content of the device; however, I've read that gtkpod can sync your music/playlists with an ipod, but not having an ipod, I can neither test the application, nor do I know if it can sync your Amarok playlists, sorry :P

If you want, file a wishlist for this feature or add to an existing one at bugs.kde.org.
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

is there a way to send a sync command to Amarok? Like after I connect my iPod, I have to transfer my playlists from Amarok to my iPod, is there a command that I can execute (make a script to do this)?

Comment

It's very likely you could write an Amarok script to sync with ipods, but there's not one currently in existence that I know of. I don't have an ipod, so I can't help you much with this task, however, you may want to check out Amarok's Script-Writing_HowTo.
        Asus G1S-X3:
        Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

I was told that this may be a feature in Amarok 2.0. Anyone hear when that may be out or anything about it?

Comment

There is a long thread on the Ubuntu forums at the moment about syncing the iphone with amarok and stories of success. I think the ipod may work with some of the magic they use on iphone. If i find the thread I'll post the link here.

Comment

I've just searched for iphone and amarok and got a thread that was 11 pages. I got to the 2nd page (where the instructions were) and it says you have to install ssh onto your iphone or ipod touch. Thing is, I have an ipod classic due to I need a ton of storage so I can't actually install programs on my ipod.

I was thinking it'd be an easy thing to do since you can manually drag what you want transferred to your ipod. But I guess there is no automated way yet...

Comment

Working...
              X