This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunderbird 2.0.0.9 (20071031) mysteriously stopped sending email out

I'm new (about a week) to Linux and Gutsy, and my TBird (TB) has been working just great, until suddenly this evening. I'm on a dual boot box, so I checked several issues, trying to home in on the problem. I CAN download webpages and new email. I CAN SFTP webpages to my domain. I just cannot get TB to send out email, all of a sudden.

I haven't been doing anything radical to my system in recent hours, however the last email that went out is dated Jan. 4 at about 4 AM, and I cannot recall all the events of the past 24 hours or so, relative to what might have possibly relate to this problem, and besides I'm anything but swift in figuring out systems problems.

I have very carefully looked at how my email account is set up in TB. I've compared the SMTP settings in my WinXP TB's account with those in my Gutsy TB account setup. They are identical. I don't see a problem in how I have things set up, and I haven't been tinkering with the settings, anyway.

So...can anyone suggest how I might approach this - what I might look at or try first? I really don't know what to do at this point. Thanks!

Re: Thunderbird 2.0.0.9 (20071031) mysteriously stopped sending email out

Weird indeed and the possibilities are too numerous to go through. I suggest you rename your thunderbird folder - I don't recall where it is stored, ~/.mozilla/thunderbird perhaps?, 'cos I've only ever once used TB - to thunderbird.bak and set it up again. If it works again you can copy over individual folders from your .bak profile...
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

That's actually a rather good idea. Since I just moved my email, etc., over from my WinSP partition (about a week ago), doing this will be a snap. 'Fresh start' just might work. And...I don't have any other ideas to try!

Thanks for the nudge.

Comment

Originally posted by tomcloyd
        That's actually a rather good idea
        it happens every now and then
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
        X