Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Search of a Very Good Photo Printing Software.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Search of a Very Good Photo Printing Software.

OK. I have a HP PS8250. Great printer! Under WinXP and the software that HP gave with that printer I can take a photo, tell the software to do a 4x6 Borderless print of it and the software does a good job at fitting that photo without loosing too much off the photo and with no distortion. However, under Kubuntu using any one if these Krita, digiKam, or Gnome Photo Printer, I either don't get a full 4x6 Borderless, or I can't choose the correct paper, it is stuck at 8x10 plain paper. Kubuntu does have my printer installed correctly as far as I can tell. I have no other issues, just insufficient photo printing. I've tried loading the HP software through WINE, but when you go to the section to do the printing, it errors out with no error message as to why. Is there anything out there that can do better at photo printing than the ones I've tried?

Re: In Search of a Very Good Photo Printing Software.

Anyone? This is one of a very few issues I have left in trying to total abandon M$.

Comment

Have you tried GIMP with the extras (gimp print, etc)? That would be my guess, but I have not tried to do what you are doing. I am definitely a gimp novice.

Comment

Hmmm. I've tried GIMP but could never figure out how to print. Maybe I don't have that print module? I'll check.

Comment

Check out cupsys-driver-gutenprint. It is in the repositories. Again, I haven't tried it. I didn't think about it until you mentioned it, but I use gimp to edit photos, but never print them. I may have to try it myself. Good luck.

Comment

Well I have managed to get GIMP to print. It was that package that was missing. However, It still didn't give me what I expected, a full 4x6 borderless print. I'll keep looking, but I've been slowed down by a system gone bad >

Comment

have you got the hplip toolbox installed?
              Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Yep, and gone though all of that as well. Still no 4x6 borderless even though through that it is set to No Border. Also set the defaults to what I want and that didn't work. I think it is the application though that is over-riding that.

Comment

Working...
                X