This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PageStream

I publish my own sports newspaper and have struggled with layout programs since I came to Linux. I can use a combination of OpenOffice and Scribus to do some of the things I used to, but they don't give me the power that I was used to in Serif PagePlus and InDesign.

Scribus also has some various bug issues that really slow me down.

I recently (and reluctantly) purchased pageStream and cannot get it to run. Does anyone else use it on Kubuntu? I think I want my money back because their instructions are too hard and I don't want to mess up my system.

Re: PageStream

Have you tried the programs you liked in Wine?
    For external use only.

Comment

Yes, they do not work.

Comment

Have you tried contacting their support? They should be able to help I'd think, at least give you an idea of what you need to install

I am downloading the demo version, shouldn't be too different from the full paid version, at least in terms of needed dependencies

Not sure what you need for gtk (gnome) related dependencies, but the demo simply runs from the directory you extract the files to, just double-click the RunPageStream5 script file. Most likely it is the same idea for the full program.

I think I am missing some gnome libraries as i get no colors, for example, but that should be easily fixed using Adept once you know what you need to install.

I didn't have to muck about with any system files or folders as mentioned in the readme files, some distros need those things done, some do not

again, I would check out support from pagestream first

Comment

According to the System Requirements from PageStreams website, you need the Gnome+2.0/GTK+2.0 packages or newer installed. Also, "More generally, an installation that can run a current version of Gimp."

If you don't have Gimp installed, install it and the other required packages needed by PageStream should be installed.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I have gimp and some other gnome stuff installed. I downloaded the demo and it ran fine for me. I agree with others that it is likely unsatisfied dependencies.

Comment

Working...
            X