X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleep button trouble

Hi,

I'm confused as to what my sleep button on my ASUS M6R laptop does. I want it to go into hibernation/suspend2disk for me, but instead it goes into some-sort of suspend2ram. My first problem is that it does not come up again when I press power. Second problem is that I have no clue as to what process/daemon/script catches the sleep button interrupt, so I can't change it.

I have already tried killing acpid, but I still goes into sus2disk. So I guess it's not some acpi script. I also tried disabling the button events in kpowersave. Still no change. Where else could this interrupt be caught?

Point of this is that I want the sleep button to active the uswsusp tools, which are working perfectly for me, to go into suspend2disk. I think that I can solve this with an acpi script since the button does get caught by acpi

Code:
    # cat /proc/acpi/event
      button/sleep SLPB 00000080 00000002
    #
    So that would probably work, if not for the interrupt to get caught by some other process.

I am running kubuntu gutsy and:
    Code:
    $ uname -a
      Linux klapdoos 2.6.20-16-generic #2 SMP Sun Sep 23 19:50:39 UTC 2007 i686 GNU/Linux
    $
    Any help would be appreciated :-D

Thanks in advance, Jasper van Zuijlen

Re: Sleep button trouble

Hi,

Sorry to be so late to reply, but I was thinking maybe it's in the settings of ACPI. You can find the config file : /etc/default/acpi-support.
    I would try to comment the line with ACPI_SLEEP=true (by putting a # on the beginning).

Hope it helps

Comment

Ok so I commented out the following:
      Code:
      #ACPI_SLEEP=true
      #ACPI_HIBERNATE=true
      #ACPI_SLEEP_MODE=mem
      Then did a
      Code:
      sudo /etc/init.d/acpid restart
      But doesn't change the behaviour of my sleep button
      Could it be that the sleep button calls some HAL script?

Comment

Sorry I don't know about this. But did you try to configure guidance-power-kde or something like this, it should be in the systray as a battery, click on it and set hibernate when lid is closed if you want. Then try to close the lid and see if it's working. It's how I did on a toshiba, I didn't try yet on my asus (anyway it's a G1)

Comment

Working...
        X