X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem after running Adept Updater

Hi there,

Yesterday I ran Adept Updater (as it prompted me to update packages). I don't normally do that, I just update directly from Adept Manager. Anyway, the update went well, until I opened Adept Manager today, and realised that it mostly shows packages installed on my system, whereas before it showed a truckload of other packages that weren't installed. I then ran apt-get update, but it hangs when it gets to au.archive.ubuntu.com.

I tried dpkg --configure -a ; apt-get autoclean ; apt-get -f install, all of which seem to work, but nothing restores Adept Manager to its initial state. I suspect that it may be a temporary problem with the Australian repositories, but then why does Adept not show the same list of packages as before?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Re: Problem after running Adept Updater

Adept Manager only show installed packages - there are no uninstalled packages to choose from? And as would be my follow-on question, by chance is the check box Show: not installed unchecked?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks Snowhog, actually it shows both installed and not installed packages, and all boxes are checked. It says there are 1365 packages installed, and 1562 available, which is ridiculously small ...

Comment

Open Adept Manager and click on File | Manage Repositories. Check to see what repositories are actually marked, to include the Third Party repositories.

Comment

Re: Problem after running Adept Updater - SOLVED

I think it must have been a problem with the Australian repositories, I just ran yet another update, just to make sure, and all went according to plan, all 23320 available packages are back, to my great relief ... :P

Thanks Snowhog.

Cheers,

Comment

No problem mate. So it's Summer in your neck of the woods, yes? 8) Next time you're in the mind to cook on the barby, put a shrimp on for me.

Comment

No worries mate, I'll certainly do. I'm sure that's actually what the maintainers of the Aussie repos were doing ...

Comment

That wouldn't suprise me.

It's clear and -12.2 celcius here.

Comment

About the same here... And for this neck of the woods, this is just a little brisk.
                  For external use only.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
                    That wouldn't suprise me.

It's clear and -12.2 celcius here.
                    Originally posted by SheeEttin
                    About the same here... And for this neck of the woods, this is just a little brisk.
                    Plenty of room here for the sun-hungry ... 8) 25° here today ... (that is, +25°) ...

Incidentally, I just discovered how to insert quotes ... Thanks for the opportunity fellows.

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by Nabukadnetsar
                      Incidentally, I just discovered how to insert quotes ... Thanks for the opportunity fellows.
                      Soon, you'll figure out how to
                      Code:
                      put
                            text    in
                                 any    weird place
                      you
                              want to,
                      all with pretty colors and glowing text too.

Comment

Working...
                      X