X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strigi Desktop Search

Hello,

Because, for now, I don't like Strigi, I want remove it. Is it safe to do without breaking the system?

Cantodea
    Main system: Dell Studio XPS 8100 with Kubuntu 10.04<br />Main system: Dell Inspiron 1720 with Ubuntu 10.04<br />Second system: Acer Aspire 1500 with Ubuntu 10.04<br />Third system: Dell Dimension Desktop with Kubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista<br />Fourth system: Dell Inspiron with Ubuntu 10.04 and Windows Vista

Re: Strigi Desktop Search

Completely safe (and personally recommended).
    Jucato&#39;s Data Core

Comment

In Adept, search for "strigi", and make sure you remove all of it. It's very obnoxious.
      For external use only.

Comment

Originally posted by Jucato
        Completely safe (and personally recommended).
        Gutsy was installed (new install from LiveCD) this evening. Went without a hitch. Had sound when my KDE Desktop loaded. After removing all installed packages associated with the name strigi in Adept Manager, and then shuting down/restarting, I no longer have sound.

Were some of the library packages associated with strigi actually necessary for working sound

I'm not really concerned at this time - Gutsy is my second installed OS on my laptop; Feisty is my main OS - and I could always just redo the Gutsy install again. But I would like to know if anyone else has experienced loss of working sound after removing the strigi related packages.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It was one of the first things i removed, and i've had no problems with sound.
          I just told Adept to remove it, i never looked for anything else named "Strigi", though....

Comment

Working...
          X