This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panel changed after wrong monitor detect

This is my experimental Kubuntu PC. So I tried to let System Settings find the monitor by itself. It guessed horribly wrong, putting it to 640x480.

Fine, I just chose the correct one - and now find that the clock, the thrashbin etc. - to the knetwork manager icon (the tray?) is moved to the left, and don't go back to the right side no matter what.

How do I fix that? Should it not be in right click -> configure panel?

Re: Panel changed after wrong monitor detect

When you place your cursor over the applet, a small handle should appear on the left of the applet. You can move the applet by dragging this handle.

You may also want to execute "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg", to set up the proper resolutions and fine-tune your setup.
    If you want drivers for your card, you should install those before doing this.
    For external use only.

Comment

Originally posted by SheeEttin
      When you place your cursor over the applet, a small handle should appear on the left of the applet. You can move the applet by dragging this handle.
      Ah - that's the meaning of the small triangles! Thank you - now things are fine!

Comment

Mmm... Not quite. The handle is for moving, the little arrow (when clicked) shows the menu for that particular applet.
        For external use only.

Comment

Originally posted by SheeEttin
          Mmm... Not quite. The handle is for moving, the little arrow (when clicked) shows the menu for that particular applet.
          Not on my PC. I have to click the top "Move ..." and can then drag until I click on the desktop.

Comment

Working...
          X