This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adept Updater

When I install to a fresh computer I get an error.

There was an error committing changes. Possibly there was a problem downloading some packages or the commit would break packages.

What gives?

Re: Adept Updater

Originally posted by devolic
    When I install to a fresh computer I get an error.

There was an error committing changes. Possibly there was a problem downloading some packages or the commit would break packages.

What gives?
    System -> Terminal

In there type:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install -f
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    ... and see if that fixes it. You may be given some other options during this drill - try them/follow them if needed

Comment

I have been getting the "error committing changes" message for about a week. At first it appeared during installation of the downloaded file. Now it appears in some cases before downloadw thich then neven takes place. I have tried the solutions in this thread and others and nothing helps. Would an upgrade to gutsy take care of it? Can I do that without destroying other files too onerous to back up?

Comment

Open Adept Manager (K Menu | System | Adept Manger) and click on Adept | Manage Repositories. On the first tab, check all items (you don't need the last item checked unless you intend to download source files for compiling). On the Third-Party Software tab uncheck/delete the cdrom repository entry. Close the window. If Adept doesn't automatically fetch updates, click on Fetch Updates. You will now have access to the thousands of available packages.

If this doesn't fix your Adept problem, then follow it up with:
        Code:
        sudo dpkg --configure -a
        should fix it, else continue with
        Code:
        sudo apt-get clean
        Code:
        sudo apt-get update
        Code:
        sudo apt-get install
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X