Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] - Help !! Cant play music from a site (musicindiaonline.com)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] - Help !! Cant play music from a site (musicindiaonline.com)

HI all,

I am very used to playing music from a site "http://musicindiaonline.com/" from the other "you-know-which" OS.

But I am not able to play the songs on Kubuntu. I have a kubuntu gutsy and have the Realplayer version 10 for linux installed on my PC.

Help me please.
    SuB<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />There are only two things in life that are mandatory. <br />Birth and Death.<br />Everything else is optional. <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Help !! Cant play music from a site

Assuming the files 'there' are mp3, ensure that you have the required restricted codecs:
    How to: Play MP3 files
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

These are not mp3 files. they are streaming. This site has a player of their own. It uses Realplay oru mediaplayer installed on the system to play the songs. The site says it will support linux.

And I have realplayer insalled. But when I click the play button a message pops up which says "Error : Methods missing"
      SuB<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />There are only two things in life that are mandatory. <br />Birth and Death.<br />Everything else is optional. <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Reading through their FAQ, it says:
        Then just goto MusicIndiaOnLine using either Firefox,Mozilla or Netscape
        So if you have the Linux RealPlayer version 10 or higher, I believe you need to access their site with Firefox. I don't know if Konqueror would work on their site.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I am already accessing their site using firefox.

Comment

My guess is that the url for the stream is masking within some kind of javascipt, etc.Unless they publish an API someone will have to sniff the connection to figure it out. There were similar issues with XM.

Comment

I know for sure that they are using JavaScript. Becuase that player doesnt work at all if I disable JavaScript in firefox.

Can you please give me some pointers (not C pointers ) for sniffing and getting the useful information out of it.

lots to learn.. lots to learn...

Comment

Solved!!! Solved!!!

Its was happening since realplayer (from helix) did not copy plugins to the correct directory. I copied the plugin files to ~/.mozilla/plugins and it started working smooooth.

If 'plugins' directory is not there, you might have to create it.

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] - Help !! Cant play music from a site (musicindiaonline.com)

ya during installation time of some softwares in linux ,if the desired folder isnt present(ex: win32) it gives u an error and we hav to manually create it.

Comment

Originally posted by SuB
                    I copied the plugin files to ~/.mozilla/plugins and it started working smooooth.
                    Copied them from where?

Comment

Working...
                    X