This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending files to a phone over Bluetooth

I tried copying a sound file from my computer over to my phone for the first time in 7.10 (I had done it without much trouble in 7.04), but it doesn't seem to be working. If I go to bluetooth:/ in Konqueror, it lists my phone, but opening the phone (sdp://[mac]/) shows an empty listing. If I use KBluetooth's Send File (OBEX Object Push Client), it picks up the phone. If I pick a file and click Send, my phone asks to Receive Object, I answer yes, it then asks to Receive a File, and I again answer yes, and I get the error message "Error sending file door.wav to phone ... Response message: Forbidden". Any suggestions?

Re: Sending files to a phone over Bluetooth

Try adding the computer as a trusted device from your phone? You'll need to make up a PIN and enter the same PIN on both devices.

Comment

I don't have bluetooth but I came across this today:
      http://www.howtoforge.com/fedora8-bl...u-mobile-phone

okay, it is fedora orientated but may it works for you.

Wammu is in the repos. For more reading:
      http://wammu.eu/

I hope this helps
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

One issue may have been that my phone still had my computer's adapter listed as the system's old name; deleting all of the paired devices from my phone and then searching again brought up the current name, but I still have the same problem. One thing I saw in that link that I tried was using obex:/ instead of sdp:/. That let me see all of the files on my phone, but if I try copying a file, my phone gives a message of "Not Allowed" and Konqueror gives an error message (which I can't get now because trying to copy a file isn't giving me any messages at all).

Comment

Do you have the obex-ftp package installed?

Comment

I installed obexftp, and I get the same results.

Comment

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Comment

Ok, the following is what I personally have to do.
                I can't get my computer to spot and add my phone. So I make my computer discoverable, and then using the phone I can see and connect to/pair with my computer. Having done that I can then transfer files by opening my phone from bluetooth:/ in Konqueror. Hope this helps.

(While the bluetooth tools are good in terms of they have all the functionality the gui tools for them seem unfortunately way behind, just getting devices to pair is a pain in the arse, at least thats been my experience).

Comment

Yeah, I've tried setting my computer to discoverable mode. My phone can see it and connect to it, but I still get an empty listing from sdp://[address]/ in Konqueror.

Comment

hmm, what model phone do you have?

Comment

Samsung D407. I'm pretty sure it worked fine in Feisty. I wouldn't think that the phone got new firmware that disabled the Bluetooth file transfer without my knowing about it.

Comment

Phone: Motorola W385 (Phone uses embeded Linux with gtk based interface.)
                        Laptop: Compaq C700 with a USB Bluetooth adapter.
                        System: Kubuntu Gutsy

Configuration: Bluetooth pairing and connection between phone and computer is establshed.

When I use Konqueror I get following error: "/[directoryname] is a folder, but a file was expected."

If I use the OBEX Object Push Client Interface I can access the directory structure of the phone (I was even able to make a new directory named "shaun" using it.) However I cannot send a file through it since I cannot select where I am sending it to in the phone itself.

The issue is Konqueror is seeing the directories in the phone structure obex://[00:1c:c1:7d:0b:e3]/ as files not directories. I have the following OBEX packages installed:

cobex
                        libopenobex1
                        obexfs
                        obexftp
                        obexpushd
                        obextool
                        openobex-apps

Do I need to mount the OBEX directory in order to see the directories on the phone? Or am I, possibly just missing something in a cofiguration somewhere?

--Shaun

Comment

Working...
                        X