Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free windows app or technique to access Linux formatted drives through Vista?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free windows app or technique to access Linux formatted drives through Vista?

Any ideas?

x
    Compy: AMD 64x2 6000+, Crosshair mobo, Enermax PSU, 4GB DDR2 800, 8800GTS 640mb, 24in cheapy monitor + secondary 17in, aprrx 1.6tb storage (internal) + external DVDrw, lots of nice big blue shiny quiet fans.

Re: Free windows app or technique to access Linux formatted drives through Vista?

http://www.fs-driver.org/

But i do not know if it works on VISTA.

Comment

Re: Free windows app or technique to access Linux formatted drives through Vista?

There are a number of drivers/etc out there for XP and below. I have used several with mixed results. If you have data/space that you want to access from both windows (NT and above) and linux, my suggestion is that you create a fat32 partition as both os's will work with it just fine. In the days when I moved back and forth between the two, this is what I did. Now I spend 99.9% of my time on linux, so I don't worry about it. Also, remember that if you are sharing linux folders/files with Samba, the windows machine does care about the underlying partition.

Comment

Working...
      X