This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] cannot install Ventrilo 3.0 in wine, old Vent will not uninstall

Hello I searched for this and did not find anything.

I first used the uninstall function of wine to remove Ventrilo (err2.3.?), it said it worked and it was removed but the data and the menu entry were still there, I tried a couple different times incuding a reboot, same thing. I tried to run the Vent3.0.1 install it said it had to remove the old one, I said go ahead, and it spit out this error message:

fixme:msi:MSI_GetProductInfo L"VersionString"
    fixme:msi:MsiConfigureProductExW Not implemented for anything other than local installs
    fixme:msi:MSI_GetProductInfo L"VersionString"

I have since tried removing all data manually from the .wine directory, including using regedit.exe to remove references to ventrilo, and rebooted--exact same error messages. I am pretty sure I did not install vent as root, but I did try to run this install with sudo to see if it could uninstall that way--no luck.

Managed to fix it myself

First, this link shows all the places I deleted references to Ventrilo in:

http://www.theeldergeek.com/manually...l_programs.htm

Then, what solved it finally for me, was deleting everything in ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/temp (well I actually copied it all to a backup folder) and rebooting.

Finally when I tried to install 3.0.1, it no longer thought 2.3 was installed and it worked like a charm. I didn't have to do any of the tweaking needed with 2.3 and I didn't need the .dll file from a windows machine, like many did with 2.3
Working...
X