This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screen resolution resets to default

Screen resolution under KDE 3.5.8 resets to the default value, 1440*900, from the set value at shutdown.

Any solution to this glitch?

johnfw

Re: Screen resolution resets to default

I have the same issue with my Samsung 245BW. I can set the resolution to 1920 x 1200 with Nvidia setup program installed with envy but the resolution doesn't stick after a reboot.

Comment

For some reason I don't understand, the safest way to keep the resolution is this - or that's what I have to do:

System Settings -> the display etc. option -> Monitor.
      Then open Administrator -> password.

Then I will check that the monitor type and graphic card type settings are correct.

Only then, as the very last thing I do, is correct the screen size and hZ rate.

Apply etc. Then, most of the time, nothing change. However, if I at that point accept, then I can reboot into the correct - or more or less correct resolution. It only comes after the login, so there is some basic problem in my case.

The correct sequence of the above, for me, is essential. I've found it good practice to check the resolution and hZ rate at the end of all use of System Settings.

Comment

What you may consider doing is reconfiguring the X server.
        Back up /etc/X11/xorg.conf and execute "sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg", selecting your preferred resolutions.

You may also be interested in the xrandr tool, which can do some extensive modifications of how the screen is displayed.
        For external use only.

Comment

Working...
        X