This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window sizes and positions not being saved

Weird behaviour here, and the title pretty much says it all. This was a fresh install of Ubuntu Gutsy (because I didn't have the Kubuntu disk handy) then was converted, but has always had this bug. Konqueror (I dumped Dolphin in the lake) doesn't recall my window sizes or positions for any folder, nor do any of the applications, even if the windows are maximized before being closed.

Just to be clear, this is occurring within a single login session...

Re: Window sizes and positions not being saved

Try rebooting; that usually fixes many common quirks like you're experiencing. As for Konqueror, I believe there are only certain ways you can organize files and folders (check Konqueror -> View (menubar) -> Sort).
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Konqueror (I dumped Dolphin in the lake) doesn't recall my window sizes or positions for any folder, nor do any of the applications, even if the windows are maximized before being closed.
      Maybe:
      Right click window border > Advanced > Special Application settings:

Window pops up -> Enable Position (and Size), choose Remember. Click Ok.

Note
      Some programs have own position system.

Example:
      Taming the GIMP with KDE window-specific settings
      http://www.linux.com/feature/119214
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Right click window border > Advanced > Special Application settings:

Window pops up -> Enable Position (and Size), choose Remember. Click Ok.
        That's where I saw that setting; I looked for it all over the place, but couldn't find it again. Thanks for pointing it out
        Asus G1S-X3:
        Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Working...
        X