This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KlamAV not scanning selected path

I just installed ClamAV along with KlamAV and I thought everything was working fine, but now it appears that KlamAV will not scan what I ask it to when using the main program interface. As an example, if I select my home directory to scan, it doesn't scan that directory but it appears that it is scanning a previously selected location.

If I select a file or location by using the option available with the right mouse button, scan with KlamAV, that seems to work ok and scan what is selected.

Any ideas what's going on here?

Thanks

Re: KlamAV not scanning selected path

. . . if I select my home directory to scan, it doesn't scan that directory but it appears that it is scanning a previously selected location.
    Was it already scanning the previously selected location before you told it to scan your /home directory?
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Oh, and Gumper, little-known fact: there have been about three Linux viruses. None of them really worked.

Decide for yourself if you need anti-virus protection, but keep that in mind. (Most Linux vulnerabilities are through servers, etc., where things are left insecure and malicious people get in and screw things up.)
      For external use only.

Comment

Originally posted by integr8e

Was it already scanning the previously selected location before you told it to scan your /home directory?
        Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. To answer your question, at the time that I told it to scan my /home directory it was already finished scanning the previously selected location.

I just tried it again. I scanned a file by using the command from the 'right mouse button / actions / scan with klamAV. The results came up that it was finished and no virus was found. I then opened the GUI for KlamAV and selected a 10gig partition to scan. Once again it didn't scan that one but scanned the same file that I manually scanned earlier.

Another strange thing is that I'm not able to quit KlamAV once its been opened. If I right mouse click it's icon in the system tray and select quit, it doesn't quit.

Weird huh?

Comment

Originally posted by SheeEttin
          Oh, and Gumper, little-known fact: there have been about three Linux viruses. None of them really worked.

Decide for yourself if you need anti-virus protection, but keep that in mind. (Most Linux vulnerabilities are through servers, etc., where things are left insecure and malicious people get in and screw things up.)
          I believe ClamAV scans for Windows viruses. Obviously you're not vulnerable, but you can still be a 'carrier'. Also if you dual-boot it's worth scanning the windows stuff when windows is not running, preventing any viruses from avoiding detection by rootkit-like methods.
          I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

As far as I know, it scans for Linux viruses too, but there are very few of them.
            Asus G1S-X3:
            Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Working...
            X