This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kitty startup errors

I loaded Kitty from the repos to play with podcast downloading. When I login, Kitty starts and each time I get two error boxes with the following information:

Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:

klauncher said: Unknown protocol "'

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks.

Re: Kitty startup errors

Originally posted by lingenfr
    I loaded Kitty from the repos...
    How? Via Adept Manager, or ....
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Yes, via Adept.

Comment

have you tried running it from a terminal window? it may give better error messages.

It installed and runs fine for me

Comment

claydoh, it installed and runs fine for me as well. however, if I don't close it before exiting, when it tries to start during the kde autostart, it gives me these errors. I am just wondering if there is something I can do to get it to start without errors.

Comment

The only thing I can suggest is to drag the menu entry (copy it) to your ~/.kde/autostart directory and see if that makes a difference.

autostart it that way instead of using it in a saved session
            My searches on the errors don't bring up anything tangible

Comment

Also, K Menu > System Settings > Advanced > Session Manager > Applications to be excluded from sessions. Add it there.
              (By the way, what should he put there? "kitty"?)
              For external use only.

Comment

Thanks, I will take a look at this. I also found this how-to on kioslaves

http://liquidweather.net/howto/index.php?id=76

I am going to check it out and see if it points toward an answer.

Comment

The kitty errors had something to do with displaying the kitty homepage (in kitty). I could recreate the errors after startup by clicking the home button. Weird. I think it got corrupted somehow. I figured out that Amarok would do what I wanted to do, so I just uninstalled kitty. I was not familiar with the video podcasts. That may be neat as well. I am going to see whether there is anything of interest that comes formatted for my ipod video. Could be good for the trainride. If so, I will reload kitty. I am pleasantly surprised by amarok's ability to manage podcasts on my ipod. All of my music is .ogg, so I dual boot rockbox with the apple os. I still plan to read about the kio slaves.

** If you are already smart about kioslaves, then good for you. If not, it is worth your while to read the link above. Just another reason to appreciate konq.

Comment

Working...
                  X