This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hibernate Killed Kubuntu :(

I was in a rush leaving from work so I choose to hibernate instead of shutdown because I wasn't sure if I wanted anything saved. It wasn't a serious issue since I didn't do that much but I wanted to keep what I did.

Anyway, when I later tried to reboot I get these errors like "[ 532.460000] bcm43xx: FATAL ERROR: BCM43xx_IRO_XMIT_ERROR" apparently it cant't read my HD.

This is a company laptop and know its broken. How do I fix this?

Re: Hibernate Killed Kubuntu

Read this link and see if it helps any.
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Thank you, I was working on that issue, unfortunately I can't do anything about the wireless driver if I can't even get Kubuntu to boot.

I just want it to boot. How do you repair Kubuntu when it refuses to boot even in safe mode?

Also, before anyone asks... This is not a dual boot machine. The only OS on it is Kubuntu 7.10

Comment

I think my HD is toast

"Boot: failed
        Disk Error"

Old DELL D600 POS...

Comment

RIP, good old hard drive!

Comment

Originally posted by dibl

RIP, good old hard drive!
            That's not very nice

How do you repair Kubuntu when it refuses to boot even in safe mode?
            Would you happen to have Kubuntu's Live CD or Alt. CD? Any bootable CD will do in fact as long as it allows you to access and modify information on your hard drive. If you do, you can set your BIOS to boot from CD and play around with the settings on your hard drive (hopefully repairing it ).

Edit: If you don't, you can download something like DSL Linux, which is Debian based like Kubuntu, and only a 50mb download; just make sure you burn the CD as an ISO and not a data disk.
            Asus G1S-X3:
            Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Working...
            X