X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GTK programs crash losing connection to the "X-server"

Interesting!

Well, sometimes the trip to see the doctor cures the illness!

Comment

Especially if it's a dentists appointment.

But I also remembered one thing: When I vacuumed last time (about 2 days ago) I also vacuumed my laptops air way in the back. So it might just be, that there was something/so much dust in the fan that the system couldn't cool itself and started crashing because of high temps. But I'll still be following the situation, hopefully the last evenings events wouldn't be only temporary. =)

Comment

RUHUHUHUUU!

And Inkscape and GIMP go down again!

And the core heat isn't even over 50C. First I thought that the bad program messing everything up would then be Skype (As i put it on just before the crashes started), but then I shut it down and rebooted and the same problem existed.

However, even though my core temp is so low, it feel hot in the bottom, especially in the spot where memory combs is located and the combs are extremely hot (feel like burning your hand when touched), but I can't get any sensors to there, any idea how to check the temps?

Comment

If it's that hot, I'd say you definitely have a problem, and that's it.

Dunno how you'd go about solving it, though...
          For external use only.

Comment

Well, no my combs aren't even hot and inkscape and Kwin crash.... Well, back to zero then. I'll just wait for the next kubuntu with KDE 4.0 and make a clean installation then.

Comment

Or then just get bored and switch OS back to Windows, just as I got used to Linux

Comment

Working...
              X