This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone Else Tried KDE 4.0 Beta?

Hey dible, do you have OO-core installed? I remember a bug report somewhere. I'll try and find it but I had other problems with OO and installing core solved them. Plus you might want to try and change the OO theme.
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by dibl
      Which reminds me, is your OO strange-looking and buggy, in Gutsy? My menus are all text (no icons/symbols), and the slide show crashed the first time I fed it a PowerPoint file. Yesterday the Writer popped open in full-screen mode, and then wouldn't close -- wouldn't even hold the "File" menu open long enough to let me choose "Quit". I had to close it from the kicker panel. I'm thinking of removing and reinstalling, just to see if something went wrong with it when I installed Gutsy. :P
      OpenOffice doesn't seem to play nicely with Compiz. I have to switch bacl to kwin when I need to use it.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesM

OpenOffice doesn't seem to play nicely with Compiz. I have to switch bacl to kwin when I need to use it.
        Aha -- yep, that must be it James -- thanks! I did "remove --purge" OO-everything last night, and reinstalled it and it came back looking all the same. But I've got compiz running, so that's what the problem is. Well, I can cope with it then.

Comment

If it matters, OOo is working fine here... Installed Dapper originally, and have been upgrading since then.
          For external use only.

Comment

I just installed KDE4 RC1. I will say it is a lot of potential. I enabled the analog clock widget. I can't seem to move it from it's starting position in the middle of the screen. The help "?" icon does not work. Does anyone know how to enable moving the widget?

Thank you,

P4 Core 2 Duo E2180, ECS P965T-A MB, 1 GB PC6400 DDR2, 160 & 200GB Maxtor SATAII HD, DVDROM Drive, PCI Nvidia 6600GT, Kubuntu Gutsy X64.

Comment

Originally posted by pm124493
              I just installed KDE4 RC1. I will say it is a lot of potential. I enabled the analog clock widget. I can't seem to move it from it's starting position in the middle of the screen. The help "?" icon does not work. Does anyone know how to enable moving the widget?
              actually, that little ? help icon _IS_ the anchor to move the widget around. it should honestly be like a little cross with arrows on the ends, but the oxygen icon set doesn't have that icon. with other iconsets, it works fine.

hope that helps.

Comment

I too, am not impressed with the system. It has some nice features, but it is not even close to usability yet.

Comment

Working...
                X