This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidden files in dolphin

Is there any way to make 'show hidden files' persistent for all dirs. Like it was in konqueror? I check 'show hidden files' in the menu but when I navigate away from this dir hidden files are not shown.

Re: Hidden files in dolphin

View Hidden Files is applicable to the current directory structure. If you want ALL hidden files to be visible, navigate to the root ( / ) and then select to view hidden files.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I think you can go to View>Adjust View Properties. Check the Show Hidden Files checkbox and the Apply view properties to: All folders radio button and then click OK. I think that is what you were looking for.

Comment

Thank you for replies.

Yes, yes, lingenfr, I understand, but it does not work does it?
        Say, I am in my home and do all this stuff with View>Adjust View Properties, then I go down to any dir in my home - hidden files are not shown, then I go back to my home and no hidden files there either...

Comment

Sorry you are right. I assume it is the half-vast, not quite ready for primetime version of D3lphin that became a 'feature' in Gutsy. I have gone back to konqueror and am also trying out krusader.

Comment

Yes, that is what I was thinking. Dolphin is not half ready I think. Please tell me how can I get back to konqueror as a default file manager?

Comment

Open Konqueror --> select Konqueror settings (from Tools I guess) --> Select file associations --> select "Directories" and move Konqueror up and make it the first one in the list.

Hope that helps.
              SuB<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />There are only two things in life that are mandatory. <br />Birth and Death.<br />Everything else is optional. <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Ive also switched back to Konqueror. Dolphin is currently too beta-ish. Konqueror does the job even though its a tad bit slower. If the default konqueror aint working for you, try the baghira sidebar. It makes it a bit easier to navigate.

http://img340.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screen3dd1.jpg

Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon - Registered Linux User--&gt; # 15709

Comment

Thank you, lingenfr. I will try it when I am on kubuntu. Though in mandriva's konqueror I could not find "Directories" in the list. Probably it is better to find the config file in ~/.kde and find and replace all instances of dolphin to konqueror there?

Comment

Here's complete steps in setting Konqueror the default FM

Settings --> Configure Konqueror --> File Associations --> inode --> directory

and then move Konqueror up.
                    SuB<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />There are only two things in life that are mandatory. <br />Birth and Death.<br />Everything else is optional. <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Many thanks SuB!
                      I figured that out already and now I am happy with good old konqueror. And there was something like system_directory in the inode section. I switched it to konqueror too - no harm I guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X