Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOLVED-Kubuntu 7.10-Inspiron 6000-ATI Radeon(restrcted driver) doesn't hibernate

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED-Kubuntu 7.10-Inspiron 6000-ATI Radeon(restrcted driver) doesn't hibernate

I cannot seem to hibernate on my dell laptop. When I click on the hibernate button, it goes to a blank screen with a curson blinking. Nothing seems to work except a power recycle.

How can I make hibernate work.
    SuB<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />There are only two things in life that are mandatory. <br />Birth and Death.<br />Everything else is optional. <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Kubuntu 7.10- Inspiron 6000 - ATI Radeon(restricted driver) does not hibernate

bumping it up for more visibility
    SuB<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />There are only two things in life that are mandatory. <br />Birth and Death.<br />Everything else is optional. <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Re: Kubuntu 7.10- Inspiron 6000 - ATI Radeon(restricted driver) does not hiberna

Gutsy kernel is incompatible with suspend2RAM/DISK when using fglrx drivers. No way without getting back to the free drivers.

Comment

Re: Kubuntu 7.10- Inspiron 6000 - ATI Radeon(restricted driver) does not hiberna

My graphics card is an ATI Radeon 9800 pro, and i now have no trouble hibernating using the ati driver, until a few days ago it wouldn't hibernate, but Adept installed an update, and since then there's no problem... with hibernation.

I'm probably going to uninstall the restricted drivers, though -- i can no longer play Morrowind.

Comment

Re: Kubuntu 7.10- Inspiron 6000 - ATI Radeon(restricted driver) does not hibernate

Can anybody suggest which system logs to look at to trouble shoot this ?

Comment

Yesssssssssssss. I managed to do it.

I edited (of course after taking backup) /etc/default/acpi-config and changed

HIBERNATE_MODE=shutdown to HIBERNATE_MODE=platform

and

ENABLE_LAPTOP_MODE=false to ENABLE_LAPTOP_MODE=true (I am not sure whether this change is necessary though)

It did mess up my wireless network though on resuming. Everything else resumed properly. I was unable to get my wireless network up and had to reboot. But yet I was able to solve my hibernate issue which I had almost given up hope on.

Comment

Working...
            X