This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gwenview does not rotate images correctly after Gutsy installation

I had Gwenview and Gimp adjusted so that there was coherence between the two concerning rotated images. (See http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...69556#msg69556)

After Gutsy installation (from scratch) without formatting my home partition and without yet using Gimp, Gwenview alone is doing an odd thing. Without "Settings > Configure Gwenview > Misc > Automatically rotate images on load" set, Gwenview shows both the thumbnail and the image (when double clicked) unrotated. When I set the automatic rotate, the thumbnail is correctly rotated, but NOT the image. A restart of Gwenview in between trials doesn't seem to change that.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Re: Gwenview does not rotate images correctly after Gutsy installation

My problem seems to be in GIMP. I have images which were rotated by GIMP 2.2 and which show the above problem. If I take the same original image and rotate it with GIMP 2.4, Gwenview shows it correctly rotated. Was there a difference between the two GIMPs or a bug in one which wrote EXIF rotation data incorrectly?

It would be a pain to have to go back thru all those images and re-rotate them.

Thanks.
    'I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.' Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
    X