This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Preview enlargement in Dolphin

I have just upgraded to Gusty from Fiesty (7.04). When looking at files in Konqueror using icons hovering the mouse over an image file (a .jpg for example) for a second or two gave details of the file and a slightly enlarged image. I have looked for a similar configuration option in Dolphin without success. Is this facility available in Dolphin and if so where?

Thanks a lot

Roy

PS I know Konqueror is still there it is just easier to go with the flow with Dolphin.

Re: Preview enlargement in Dolphin

Looking at Dolphin's settings, I don't see where you can enable that particular style preview. It's meant to be a simple, very user-friendly file manager, so many features have been excluded. If you want raw power and features through the wazoo, I'd stick to Konqueror, or even check out Krusader (my preference).
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Thanks, I will have a look at Krusader.

Another useful facility missing from Dolphin is the right click menu with the move to: and the copy to: options on it. As far as I can see in Dolphin the only way to do it is to open the to and from directories and drag the file across, which is a pain if you have a lot open on the desktop at the time.

Cheers

Roy

Comment

Another useful facility missing from Dolphin is the right click menu with the move to: and the copy to: options on it.
        This may help:
        Topic: Service Menus with Dolphin
        http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3088743.0

Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
        X