X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin closes with a permissions error message

Hi All

When ever I close dolphin the new file browser I get the following message:

Unable to save bookmarks in /home/username/.kde/share/d3lphin/bookmarks.xml. Reported error was: Permission denied.

Now I know it's not a disc issue and I can change the permissions, but I haven't asked dolphin to save any bookmarks in the first place. So what do I need to change within dolphin to stop it trying to save bookmarks everytime I close the filebrowser?

Re: Dolphin closes with a permissions error message

Maybe: Kubuntu Forums > Important Information > Documentation > Bugs >

Topic: Kubuntu Gutsy Known Problems
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3088541.0

=> Dolphin/kdesudo

Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Hi Rog131

Thanks for the reply, as I said in my original post I can change the file permissions.

My question is how do I switch off dolphin continually trying to write bookmarks in the first place, I mean writing a bookmark to say I visited my Home folder seems rather Over The Top.

For everyone's interest I opened Home clicked on Root from the left hand drop down choices, opened the Home Folder, right clicked on my user Home folder selected permissions and ticked the box 'apply changes to all sub folders and their contents'.

So far then dolphin isn't giving me an error message, however it's still presumably writing pointless bookmarks.

Comment

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3086993.0
        First result for a search for 'dolphin "unable to save bookmarks"'.
        For external use only.

Comment

Re: Dolphin keeps writing pointless bookmarks how do I stop it!

Hi

As I said earlier I can fix the permissions problem, so I will ask for this thread to be closed and will open another one entitled 'How do you stop Dolphin writing pointless bookmarks!'

How do I stop Dolphin writing pointless bookmarks, afterall I know my way around the internal file structure, so why is dolphin writing bookmarks in the first place?

Moderator please close this thread so I can open one with a more meaningful title, or could you kindly change the title for me.

Comment

So far then dolphin isn't giving me an error message, however it's still presumably writing pointless bookmarks.
            I think that most of (all ?) kde programs save settings at the exit.

So what do I need to change within dolphin to stop it trying to save bookmarks everytime I close the filebrowser?
            Beats me.
            Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
            1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
            2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
            X