X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSL Connection gui?

Hello all!

I'm moving my pearents (people in their 50s) to linux (kubuntu Gutsy). The experience goes good.
    I'd like to add a gui to monitor the connection time. They use an adsl connection which has a 50 hour plain and extra payment for the rest.
    Now they connect using a desktop link to "pon dsl-provider". I'd like to add a graphic tool in order for them to know the connection time and connection status.
    Does anybody knows a gui usefull for that function? I'm quite new to kde.

Thanks in advance,
    Matías

Re: DSL Connection gui?

KArm (if not installed - shows under K Menu | Utilities) is a personal time manger which can be configured to track events. The KArm Handbook
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I just tried to see if you could automate KArm a little with Bash scripting or DCOP calls, but it takes no command-line arguments and the only DCOP call it supports, apparently, is one to list a bunch of DCOP calls that don't work.

So, looks like your folk's'll be doing it manually.
      For external use only.

Comment

There is also KAlarm - The KAlarm Handbook This may actually be more along the lines of what is desired.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X