X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDEWallet - I don't want to insert the password at every restart

Hi, this is my first post here.

I need some information about kdewallet because I'm desesperate trying to find a script or something that automatically insert the user password into the KDEWallet after restart KUbuntu.

There is any sollution for my problem? I don't want to type my password twice at every startup of KUbuntu.

Thanks, Ruben from Spain.

Re: KDEWallet - I don't want to insert the password at every restart

The KWallet Handbook
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

You said that you had to enter your password twice at every startup. So it seems to me that it's once to log into Kubuntu and once for something else that uses Kwallet. You can make the Kwallet password blank. That works for me for KNetworkManager. Then you just have to enter your password once to log in.

wmrobins

Comment

Just disable it (KDEWallet) in the system settings. That is what I did, because on my home computer, I am not too concerned with security.
        mm0
        Dell Inspiron 1720 Laptop<br />Intel T9300 Core2Duo Processor @ 2.5Ghz<br />4 GB Ram | 1920 X 1200 Resolution<br />2 X 160 GB SATA HD Internal<br />Nvidia GeForce 8600M Graphics Adapter<br />Using Kubuntu 9.10

Comment

Originally posted by wmrobins
          You said that you had to enter your password twice at every startup. So it seems to me that it's once to log into Kubuntu and once for something else that uses Kwallet. You can make the Kwallet password blank. That works for me for KNetworkManager. Then you just have to enter your password once to log in.

wmrobins
          Thanks to all.

And this is that I wanna do 8)

Comment

Working...
          X