This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading application message

I recently did a clean install of Kubuntu and i really like it so far, but one thing that's annoying the heck out of me is that bouncing icon near my mouse pointer whenever a program opens. For some reason it seems like that it is there for an awfully long time for no reason. Like if i open an internet link from Kopete, Firefox goes to the site right away and is finished loading the page, but the icon is still there bouncing around on the screen and there's a message in my lower panel that say "Firefox web browser, loading application". This goes on for around 25 seconds.
    I also see this some times when i open or close other programs as well.

So, I have two questions.
    1: why do i get the message that the application is loading, and the bouncing icon for so long?

And
    2: is there a way to not have the bouncing icon? Maybe a setting somewhere?

Thanks!

Re: Loading application message

For the bouncy cursor, try this.

Alt+F2
    Type kcontrol
    Click on Appearance & Themes
    Click on Lauch Feedback
    Select No Busy Cursor from the Busy Cursor dropdown
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks, I remembered seeing that setting, but forgot where it was. I just shortened its runtime from 30 to 10 seconds, and the bouncing icon seems to go away whenever an application I launch from KMenu opens. Pretty cool
      Asus G1S-X3:
      Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Cool! 8) I my self, don't have an issue with Mr. Bouncy, so I've not bothered with changing any of the settings.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the help. I'll give it a try.

Gumper

Comment

Working...
          X