This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xine vs Kaffine

As far as I know Kaffine is using Xine engine, but I don't know why it couldn't play VCD/DVD first time install it simply crash, but I can play with Xine(apt-get install xine-ui) no problem at all, and what is the difference between VCDO and VCD ? most of the disc I've must play in VCDO.
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: Xine vs Kaffine

As far as i know, kaffeine is a xine engine frontend, so there should be no diferences. If it crashes, i assume you should completely remove it and reinstall it. Sometime those things also happen to me and that's the onlu eway i have been able to eliminate thne problem.

As for the differences between vcd and vcd0 i have no idea.

Comment

Reinstall won't work, and this happened in pervious versions as well.
      Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Comment

It's simply better to use (the very stable) Kmplayer instead of (any crashing) kaffeine ! Kmplayer uses the same Xine engine and is working like a charm...
        With kind regards,<br /><br />Eddy<br />http://www.linux-guy.net

Comment

When an(y) application regularly crashes it is helpful to start it up from the terminal, that way the crash is likely to generate a useful error report.

Comment

I had to kill my kmplayer, the look was all wrong, the colors, i could not find the video equalizers so the playback colors were terrible. I guess i am used to my good ol' kaffeine. Sometimes i use mplayer and vlc

Comment

Working...
            X