Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apache2/PHP5 mods not installing properly?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apache2/PHP5 mods not installing properly?

I've been screwing around with some OS shopping cart packages on my Gutsy localhost. I couldn't get the apache2 mods for php5 working. Luckily I had a working Mint install on the same box I could copy the mods over from and configure them.

I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this error. I used synaptic to install libapache2-mod-php5 and mysql 5.0. The install showed no errors but when I went to look at the installed mods in the /etc/php5/apache2 folder......they were nowhere to be found. Is there a problem with the packages in the repos or is this just one of those screwy things?

Re: Apache2/PHP5 mods not installing properly?

Im having exactly the same problem at the minute.

installed libapache2-mod-php5 and
    /etc/apache2/mods-available/php5.load
    /etc/apache2/mods-available/php5.conf

both seem to install fine but there is nothing there.

Comment

Well once again Mint comes through. I've installed the e-commerce package on my Mint partition and it works like a charm. There seems to be a problem with the LAMP packages in Gutsy. Specifically I think it may be with PHP5 mods but I'm no expert. Only guessing from my experience.

Comment

Same problem here!
        I'm actually "Mint-less", so I tried to reinstall them by apt ( --reinstall option )

applications are present, but doesn't work.
        apache2 is running, but just let you download php files as txt ( doesn't event display in browser).

in my case /etc/apache2/mods-available/php5.conf|load aren't event present!
        ( I tried to write them manually )

Comment

Joshi & Jeffmetal

Sorry to hear you're having the same problem but it further convinces me that the Gutsy packages are defective. I uninstalled/reinstalled the entire LAMP stack 5-6 times and had no success. Mint (Celina) still uses the Feisty packages. I don't know if one can install Feisty packages in Gutsy but they work properly.

Comment

I ended up uninstalling apache, php5 and mysql and reinstalling them all and it didn't work.

then i started again from scratch and used https://help.ubuntu.com/7.04/server/C/web-servers.html and it magically works now.

Comment

I must not be holding my mouth right.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmetal
                I ended up uninstalling apache, php5 and mysql and reinstalling them all and it didn't work.

then i started again from scratch and used https://help.ubuntu.com/7.04/server/C/web-servers.html and it magically works now.
                I Just noticed that rebooting the whole system just let the apache2+php5+mysql work!
                the reinstall was needed, but seems like just restarting the single services is not enoght..

or maybe i forgot something that the rebooting process just does

Comment

Has this been solved yet?

I have been trying to get a php calendar installed, and it pops up with the "save as" dialog box whenever I try to open a php file extension.

My apache server works, but the php part doesn't. I think I have the modules installed [according to adept and /etc/apache2/mods-available] but they don't work.

It would be really nice if this could be fixed in the adept install/reinstall instead of manually having to do everything.

Comment

It's probably opening, rather than executing, the file.
                    Make sure that Apache knows to execute it and that it's marked executable.
                    For external use only.

Comment

I did a bit more digging [what little I can] and ended up installing webmin from http://www.webmin.com/ and discovered that somehow the versions of php didn't match.

I thought I installed php5, but in the php config file through webmin, it was set to php4. I think one of the packages I installed [phpgroupware?] grabbed php4, but then I must have later upgraded to php5 through adept.

There were 3 directories pointing to a php4 location, and I changed all of the "4"s to "5"s in webmin, and everything came up working after a restart of apache2.

I used the debian package for webmin on the webpage, and it worked without any problems that I could tell.

Comment

Mmm, Webmin. I use it too. It's a nice little tool, yeah?
                        For external use only.

Comment

Working...
                        X