This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resolution error wen i start my pc!!!

wen i start my pc firstly theres a pop up " resolution 1280 * 1240 60 hz recomended" after some time however os gets loaded. i set my resoulution as per the recomended popup but i get the same popup wen i restart my pc.why is this

Re: Resolution error wen i start my pc!!!

did any one get this strange problem!!!

Comment

I have never seen or heard of this sort of message. Can you take a screenshot using knapshot? or hitting the printscreen key

When exactly do you see this message?

Comment

I think that message is from the monitor, and perhaps is really about the refresh rate. I saw this on an E-Machines PC that I installed Feisty on this summer. I guessed at the time that the monitor was initializing in advance of the graphics chip/motherboard, so it was sending out this signal before the rest of the bootup process completed. But I actually don't know -- it seems harmless.

Comment

Originally posted by srikar
          wen i start my pc firstly theres a pop up " resolution 1280 * 1240 60 hz recomended" after some time however os gets loaded. i set my resoulution as per the recomended popup but i get the same popup wen i restart my pc.why is this
          Do you have an NVidia graphics card? The NVidia driver will set LCD screen refresh rates to report 50Hz instead of 60Hz, for some internal technical reason - but it actually uses 60Hz, even though it reports 50Hz! So your monitor may be reading something incorrectly. A long shot, but maybe this is what's happening.

Comment

no i dont have nvidia graphic card, just i have just onboard graphic card ATI RADEON SERIES 200 SERIES.
            let me explain my problem clearly>>>>

wen i start my pc we see intel wallpaper coming up

after that the grub gets loaded(i dual boot kubuntu and xp)

wen i select kubuntu , theres a popup moving all around saying that "resolution 1280*1240 , 60hz recomended.

this popup messsage remains for about an 15-25seconds ,after that however kubuntu gets loaded.

SO IN KUBUNTU I WENT TO SYSTEM SETTINGS AND CHANGED THE RESOLUTION AND REFRESH RATE AS RECOMENDED. AGAIN WEN I RESTART MY PC THERES THE SAME PROBLEM coming up. however the kubuntu gets loaded after this popup>

JUST I WANTED TO KNOW WHY IS THIS ERROR COMMING UP.

Comment

very strange, as you are seeing this before Kubuntu's graphical subsystem is even loaded. Maybe more info is needed:
              brand/model of monitor?
              are you using the restricted drivers for your card?

Comment

friend what r restricted drivers and where to find them

Comment

I'm guessing it's just the monitor switching resolutions or something.

As dibl said, nothing to worry about.
                  For external use only.

Comment

ya i think what dibl said is right.

Comment

Working...
                    X