This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Power Manager and sound notifications

Is there a way to activate or add sound notifications to KDE's Power Manager? One of the things I miss from Windows on a laptop was when you were on low battery power, you could set and hear a beep. I'm not always looking at my laptop screen when the power is getting too low. Hibernate and Suspend work great, but I'd rather just know when to plug in the a/c cord before that point. Thanks in advance!

Jeremy

Re: KDE Power Manager and sound notifications

Hmm, as far as I can find the only way would be if you know where to add the relevant line (and what to add) in /usr/share/python-support/kde-guidance-powermanager/guidance-power-manager.py
    Sorry its not much use but thats my best effort.
    Normally those things appear in kmenu>system settings>notifications but I can't find anything to do with the power manager there.
    In other news, the following link shows how to edit above file to get power manager to tell you your computers power consumption in watts:
    http://nosrednaekim.wordpress.com/20...o-a-wattmeter/

Actually apparently kpowersave has knotify support for many events. Anyone know how well it works (I believe guidance-power-manager was created to repalce kpowersave for kubuntu&debian so...)?

Comment

Re: KDE Power Manager and sound notifications

The place to look for adding/editing notifications is SystemSettings>Look&Feel>Notifications.

Choose the program which notifications you wish to edit in the 'Event Source' drop-down list (I use KPowerSave for power management on my laptop, which I find better for my needs than the kubuntu default kde-guidance-powermanager), when choosing KPowerSave from the dropdown, I can set notifications for events like 'Battery charge dropped to level LOW' or 'Battery charge dropped to level CRITICAL' etc.

I don't have kde-guidance-powermanager installed, so you'll have to check out what kind of notifications you can set up with it if you're using it.

You can fine-tune the notifications by clicking the 'Advanced' button.

EDIT: ah, I see guidance-power-manager seems not to have a 'Notifications' interface according to marshallbanana, thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
      X