X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem using Compiz-Fusion

I tried using Compiz-Fusion in KDE 3.5

The emerald themes, visual effects working fine except some erratic behaviours of the Desktop Cube.

The following erratic behaviours were noticed:

1. Two desktops were added when I add one desktop in the 'configure desktop' dialog.
    2. When I used desktop cube, no cube is there, only one desktop. But other effects like reflection, rotation could be done. But where is the cube?

I have successfully used compiz-fusion in Gnome on the same machine.

Re: Problem using Compiz-Fusion

Can you run
    Code:
    glxgears
    in a console window and get a spinning gears graphic?

If yes, then review this thread, starting with the 5th post down.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3087907.0

You need a functioning 3D accelerated graphics driver to run compiz successfully -- that's why I asked about checking with glxgears.

Comment

You say that "two desktops were added", and then say that instead of a cube there was "only one desktop". My best guess is that you actually have two desktops, and that when using the cube plugin they appear as opposite faces of a rectangular plane.

Anyway: I've noticed that compiz sometimes changes the number of desktops you have. I'm not sure why this is done (I think it's poor default behavior), but you can set it yourself in ccsm (make sure you have compizconfig-settings-manager installed). Go to General Options->Desktop Size. Horizontal size is what you're interested in (4 for a cube).

Comment

Originally posted by jaiwithani
        Go to General Options->Desktop Size. Horizontal size is what you're interested in (4 for a cube).
        Make sure that the settings here reflect Horizontal Virtual Size 4, Vertical Virtual Size 1, and Number of Desktops 1.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X