This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem in installing icons : (

I downloaded icons 4m kde look. As it is said there to go to /usr/share/icons and copy there....error is coming(its like access denied) then i went to system>settings>user management? and set administrator mode there
    and again try to copy those icons in the icons folder....still an error "aceess denied is getting displayed".

wat may be the problem >>>is my installation procedure wrong" plzz help me friendz

Re: Problem in installing icons : (

What icon package did you download (what is the icon package name)?
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...?content=67013
      kore & leopard

http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...?content=67902
      dark glass icon project

Comment

Downloading Dark Glass theme, gimme a couple of minutes to figure it out

MepisReign
        Beware the Almighty Command Line

Comment

Ditto. Doing the same. It's a HUGE file, and the download speed ain't the greatest. I've got the same thing in mind as you Mepis - see what and where it unzips to, so as to provide accurate instructions.

Comment

ok after u guys find out plzz post it here.

Comment

in the first link i have mentioned .... the size is 800kb(reflective icons)...direct link... http://www.kde-look.org/content/down...3&tan=94823228

Comment

Ok, uncompress the file, it will create a dir called Dark-Glass, then

Open a konsole and type: kdesu konqueror (after that it will prompt for your password, type it)
                Konqueror will open, on the search field type or copy paste: /usr/share/icons, hit Enter

In there Copy and paste the dir called Dark-Glass, close Konqueror

Click on Kmenu, go to System Settings, there click on Appearance and then on Icons, the Dark Glass theme should be displayed for usage

Regards,

MepisReign

Comment

Thanks Mepis, you got it faster than I did. Man, what a HUGE file! But, hey, the folks on kde-look.org gave this a really high rating (over 90%).

Comment

Yes indeed, 90% is good, using it right now for testing purposes, don't match with my system colors thou :P

[img width=400 height=319]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/darth1968/snapshot2.jpg[/img]

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../snapshot2.jpg

Regards,

MepisReign

Comment

thanku mepis i got it. Ok, before wat i did was tried to coppy the green glass folder to the/usr/share/icons and an error had come access denied but wen i did as u said
                      (((((Open a konsole and type: kdesu konqueror (after that it will prompt for your password, type it))))))I

i got it ...can i know the reason why we had to do it...i mean through konqueror.

Comment

The destination directory (/usr/share/icons) is a restricted (requiring root access) directory. Normal users can not write to it. That's why opening Konqueror as root (kdesu konqueror) works - Konqueror is being launched as root - and you can then copy the extracted folder (with it's files) to the location specified.

Comment

thank u Snowhog.........but is that the only way to do or can i type some command in the terminal so that i get rights to copy directly??

Comment

YES!

I'll assume that you know where the extracted files folder is located at. In a konsole shell, you would type:
                            Code:
                            sudo cp [path to file/folder] /usr/share/icons
                            This would copy the folder containing the downloaded icon theme to the /usr/share/icons directory as the root user.

Comment

let me explain wat i understood.....every one who logs in is a user in this OS....but sudo gives temporary admin rights . am i right...

Comment

Working...
                              X