X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu questions;

Good day
    I'm new in Kubuntu, used Windows for long years... And i've LOTS of questions.
    Some of them, i resolved searching aroud the forum, others, in Google... but some still remain.
    1) I'm using a x86_64, and can't install Flash Plugin for Mozilla Firefox. I downloaded the plugin from Adobe, but when try to install, it say my architecture isn't supported. Is there a way to install it?
    I tried others alternatives plugins, founded in Adept, but noone worked.

2) I'm using a ATI X1650 video card, and the latest drives. But all full screen applications (Slideshow, Screensaver... ) runs VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY SLOW. Is it normal? Else, what the problem, and how do i fix it?

3) Actually, when i try to connect MSN using Kopete, it crashes. In Google, i found some guys reporting the same problem in Gutsy. Is it a bug, right? There's a package who fix it?

For now, that's all.
    Sorry for bad english, i'm Brazillian.
    Thank you.

Re: Kubuntu questions;

3) Actually, when i try to connect MSN using Kopete, it crashes. In Google, i found some guys reporting the same problem in Gutsy. Is it a bug, right? There's a package who fix it?
    Yes, kopete has some problems at the moment so I use pidgin (I think there is a 64 bit version):
    http://www.pidgin.im/
    it is in the repositories (software collection for ubuntu/kubuntu.) so you can install it using adept.

Sorry, I can't answer your other questions as I not using a 64bit machine but I know the flash issue has been written about here.Maybe this will help: (found here using the search function )
    http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3086496.0
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by Feko
      Good day
      I'm new in Kubuntu, used Windows for long years... And i've LOTS of questions.
      Some of them, i resolved searching aroud the forum, others, in Google... but some still remain.
      1) I'm using a x86_64, and can't install Flash Plugin for Mozilla Firefox. I downloaded the plugin from Adobe, but when try to install, it say my architecture isn't supported. Is there a way to install it?
      I tried others alternatives plugins, founded in Adept, but noone worked.

2) I'm using a ATI X1650 video card, and the latest drives. But all full screen applications (Slideshow, Screensaver... ) runs VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY SLOW. Is it normal? Else, what the problem, and how do i fix it?

For now, that's all.
      Sorry for bad english, i'm Brazillian.
      Thank you.

Hi there, I've got the same questions about flash and java.. BUT you might beable to find a package in the repositories using Adept called "kubuntu restricted extras". This package is avail for the 32 bit distros.

As for connecting to MSN, use "aMSN" which is available also using Adept. This looks much like MSN and operates flawlessly in my experience.

Hope it helps,
      Kev

Comment

Kopete fix here: http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3041

Comment

Working...
        X