This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Java

Ok I've been picking through many java posts but I still can't get java working in either firefox or Konqueror.

I'm running Gutsy 64-bit with 64-bit FF
    I installed icedtea java 7 plugins and java6-jre.

Before installing icedtea I did not have any java at all. Afterward I just get a grey box where the applet should be, even after waiting a while, it just doesn't start. This is with either browser btw.

And I've tried finding the plugin with just java6 installed but there is no plugin folder and nothing that looks like the .so file that needs to be linked to the firefox plugin folder.

Re: No Java

In Firefox, navigate to Edit -> Preferences -> Content Tab and make sure you have Enable JavaScript and Enable Java checked; in Konqueror, navigate to Settings -> Configure Konqueror... -> Java & JavaScript Tab and make sure the Enable Java Globally option is checked. If you haven't already, you may also want to install the flashplugin-nonfree, libflash0c2, libflash-dev, and libflash-mozplugin packages. A reboot might help as well (maybe...).
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

The following two lines are what I use to create duplicates of the .so file in the right places for firefox
      sudo ln -s /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so /etc/alternatives/mozilla-javaplugin.so
      sudo ln -s /etc/alternatives/mozilla-javaplugin.so /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins/mozilla-javaplugin.so
      /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so is the location you are looking for (I imagine 64bit puts it in the same place)

Comment

Flash is working fine.

Originally posted by marshallbanana
        The following two lines are what I use to create duplicates of the .so file in the right places for firefox
        sudo ln -s /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so /etc/alternatives/mozilla-javaplugin.so
        sudo ln -s /etc/alternatives/mozilla-javaplugin.so /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins/mozilla-javaplugin.so
        /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so is the location you are looking for (I imagine 64bit puts it in the same place)
        I have '/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre' but there is no 'plugin' folder. I've looked through many other posts about this and have already tried looking for another location for libjavaplugin_oji.so but even after running a search I can not find that library. Icedtea Java7 was suppose to be the 64-bit fix for this. It did add a libjavaplugin.so file to my '/usr/lib/firefox/plugins/' folder and now I get a grey box instead of nothing where the applet is suppose to start, but that is all I get.

Comment

Working...
        X