This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead Keyboard

Have had compiz up and running on Gutsy for about 3 days but now my key board dies when I log on, obviously it works up to this point or I couldn't log on! I am writing this on my wifes desktop on who is not running compiz so I assume it is a compiz problem, any ideas how to solve this with no access to the package manager(cant enter password) and cant type to a terminal.

Re: Dead Keyboard

Boot in to recovery (single user) mode. Reconfigure the x-server and reselect your keyboard.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks for the reply but after several hours of frustration including logging in to console and trying recovery mode I accidentally found my problem. While staring at the screen if trying to think what else to try
      I rested my hand on the keyboard and got a response, I finally found that somehow the slow keys feature in accessibility had been activated and was set at maximum.

Comment

That would do it!
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
        X