This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't read the Windows (NTFS) file system

I have a dual boot system (Kubuntu and Windows) wach one is installed on it's own disk drive.
    While I used Feisty, I could view the NTFS file system from my Kubuntu.

Now, after installing Gusty (I did not upgrade, installed from scratch, because thee was some problem during the upgrade process) - I amn unable to see the Windows file system.

Using the file manager (Dolphin), I see both disk drives but when I try to open the Windows drive I get the following message

hal-storage-fixed-mount-all-options refused uid 1000

Any idea how to fix this problem?

Re: Can't read the Windows (NTFS) file system

Can you post your fstab? Like this:
    do alt+F2 give your password write kdesudo kate /etc/fstab.

In the mean time check in system config->advanced->administrator mode-> Disks&filesystems and see if your ntfs partition is mounted and active. If not right click on the partition choose edit, give it a mount point like "media/windows" and check activate at start. Then activate.

I hope this helps
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Thank you Fintan - it works as you suggested

Comment

yeah, i had the same exact problem with a fresh install of gutsy. the only difference was, it was on my EXT3 HDD!
        i can't remember exactly how i fixed it, even tho it was only a few days ago. i think i had to actually create the mount point folder (sudo mkdir /media/sdb1) & check "Mount Automatically" in the properties --> mounting tab of the HDD.
        <br />

Comment

Working...
        X