Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Dolphin to batch process images like Konqueror?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Dolphin to batch process images like Konqueror?

I used to use Konqueror with the KDE Image Menu plugin ("konq-kim") to batch process images. It added a right click menu like this:

that would allow me to do lots of batch processing (resize, convert, rotate, compress, etc.). Dolphin has some of these function built in, but the one I use the most, resize, is not an option. Is there anything that I can install to add this functionality to Dolphin?

Re: Using Dolphin to batch process images like Konqueror?

You can use Konqueror servicemenus in the Dolphin (some of them).

konq-kim installs:
    /usr/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/kim_compressandresize.desktop
    /usr/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/kim_convertandrotate.desktop
    /usr/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/kim_publication.desktop
    /usr/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/kim_movie.desktop
    /usr/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/kim_record.desktop
    Dolphin has: /usr/share/apps/dolphin/servicemenus/

Note
    Gutsy doesn't have Dolphin. It has D3lphin.
    Dolphin File manager
    http://enzosworld.gmxhome.de/
    D3lphin 0.9:

As mentioned on the roadmap, no official maintenance release for KDE 3 will be released anymore. But the good news is that Marcel Juhnke decided to do further bugfixing for the KDE 3 version of Dolphin and also included features like a second sidebar. As this is no official release, this project is named D3lphin and can be downloaded at marrat.homelinux.org. Please don't submit any bug reports for D3lphin to the KDE bug database and contact Marcel directly instead.
    I have Dolphin 0.82. If you are using standard Gutsy "Dolphin" => /usr/share/apps/d3lphin/servicemenus/.

Using symlinks to add konq-kim servicemenus to the Dolphin:
    Code:
    sudo ln -s /usr/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/kim_compressandresize.desktop /usr/share/apps/dolphin/servicemenus/kim_compressandresize.desktop

sudo ln -s /usr/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/kim_convertandrotate.desktop /usr/share/apps/dolphin/servicemenus/kim_convertandrotate.desktop

sudo ln -s /usr/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/kim_publication.desktop /usr/share/apps/dolphin/servicemenus/kim_publication.desktop

sudo ln -s /usr/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/kim_movie.desktop /usr/share/apps/dolphin/servicemenus/kim_movie.desktop

sudo ln -s /usr/share/apps/konqueror/servicemenus/kim_record.desktop /usr/share/apps/dolphin/servicemenus/kim_record.desktop
    After this:

Dolphin servicemenus:

Links:
    Symbolic link
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbolic_link

how do i create a symbolic link
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=255573
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

yeah, unfortunately, the developer of d3lphin decided to only add support for a few service menus at a time as time has gone on instead of simply making d3lphin read konquerors service menus & use them....
      <br />

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I will set it up that way for now.

Do you think in the next iteration with the true Dolphin we will get these service menu's by default?

Comment

Do you think in the next iteration with the true Dolphin we will get these service menu's by default?
          Hmm - Dolphin 0.95 KDE 3.94 (KDE 4.0 Beta3) has own /dolphin/servicemenus/ and konqueror has /konqueror/servicemenus/. But you can allways hope that in the release version...
          Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
          1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
          2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
          X