This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K3b sort of not working

Installed 7.10 clean. Tried to copy a dvd with K3b which used to work fine in 6.06, 6.1 and 7.04 but it sort of fails. It will create the image to burn and then stops doing anything from then on. The interface does anyway. If I wait for a period of time (hope it is long enough) and then kill it the dvd is burnt OK tho. It is a personal dvd not copyrighted.
    Anyone else have a problem with it?

Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon 7.10 AMD 64
    Pioneer DVR-111D

Re: K3b sort of not working

Have you tried: K3b > Settings ?

And there:

Misc > Gui Settings
    Notifications > System Notifications (log to a file/Show a message in a pop-up window...)
    Advanced > Micellaneous (Do not eject medium after write process...)
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Checked what you said. Told it to write an error log but it didn't do that although the interface still froze up. Everything works fine eg. showing % done and amount of MB written to image file until it starts burning to disc. The interface just stops and if I bring up another window over the top when I go back to it it is just white. When the light went out I killed it and ejected the disc and it plays fine.

Comment

Try runing k3b in a terminal:
        Code:
        k3b
        leave the terminal open while writing to a disc and see what errors if any are shown and post them here.

Don't worry the first errors you will see concern tablet pc's and can be ignored. (that is a different topic)

I hope that helps someone point you in the right direction.
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Working...
        X