This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok plays DVD's?

As I was thumbing through applications in Synaptic's Add/Remove app, I came across a package entitled "Xine extra plugins" that supposedly contains plugins for both Amarok and Kaffeine allowing them to play mp3, mpeg1, mpeg2, AC-3, & DVD (without encryption) media; however, when I clicked the checkbox to mark the package for installation, I received a message stating the package doesn't support a 64bit environment. I've been wanting to use Amarok as an all-in-one media player for a while now because I don't want more packages than are absolutely necessary to accomplish similar tasks, and, I like it's interface and functionality. Does anyone know how I can either force the installation of this package or another way of configuring Amarok to play all my media? Any input will be appreciated.
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Re: Amarok plays DVD's?

As far as I know, Amarok doesn't play any video formats, hence why you have Kaffiene to supplement it.

I think you might have to run a 32 bit version of Kubuntu to use those plugins.
    <br />

Comment

As for the plugins they all work in the 64-bit version. I haven't tried Amarok but last I knew they were only focused on music.

Comment

Right, kaffeine will play music, but Amarok won't play video.

Comment

You should see it if you open Synaptic's (not Adept's) Add/Remove app, and click the Multimedia tab (scroll down). It's described as follows:
          Xine extra plugins
          Codecs to play mp3, mpeg1, mpeg2, AC-3, DVD (without encryption) in Amarok and Kaffeine
          The description provided when you click the package is this:
          Xine extra plugins

The use, modification and distribution of Xine extra plugins is restricted by copyright or by legal terms in some countries.
          Xine extra plugins cannot be installed on your computer type (amd64). Either the application requires special hardware features or the vendor decided to not support your computer type.
          Asus G1S-X3:
          Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Working...
          X