This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compiz

I know that you might probably heard about 3d effects. But this is what I need. I do not know how to enable compiz fusion on KDE. Help is appreciated.

pookito
    You can get me Using Threema: B6WSCFVY
    Mastodon: @pookito@latinos.social
    Jabber: pookito@neko.im

Re: Compiz

Reading material:

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3087542.0

Comment

Thanks for the writing. I followed the steps and I think that I have all the files that I need. but now when I try to start compiz a pop up comes up saying "Dbus Failed to load, Compiz is not running. The dbus plugin can not be activated unless compiz is running." When I run compiz from the konsole the windows comes up without frames. This means that the minimize or maximize button does not show up, including the title bar. What should I do?

pookito

Comment

Originally posted by pookito
        Thanks for the writing. I followed the steps and I think that I have all the files that I need. but now when I try to start compiz a pop up comes up saying "Dbus Failed to load, Compiz is not running. The dbus plugin can not be activated unless compiz is running." When I run compiz from the konsole the windows comes up without frames. This means that the minimize or maximize button does not show up, including the title bar. What should I do?

pookito
        I get the same thing. BTW, I found compiz & xgl slowed things down so much I figured life wasn't long enough and removed the lot. My box is running on reasonably smart hardware with 1G RAM.

Comment

Originally posted by GUIGuy
          I get the same thing. BTW, I found compiz & xgl slowed things down so much I figured life wasn't long enough and removed the lot. My box is running on reasonably smart hardware with 1G RAM.
          Well, I guess that will have to make 2 of us. I think this is happening because I did not make a fresh install but an upgrade over the internet, which is fine. I finally got it working but I know there are a lot of things missing because is not working the way it should be, like in gnome. But any how, i think I will have to wait for the future. thanks for the reply

pookito

Comment

I installed Compiz last night and had exactly the same issue. I also got corrupt logon and logoff screens so I tried to remove it. That just hosed the system totally so I'll be clean installing tonight, lol. I think I'll wait for KDE4

Comment

Do you have emerald installed?

Some useful tips here:
              http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3087727.0
              HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
              4 GB Ram
              Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Originally posted by Fintan
                Do you have emerald installed?

Some useful tips here:
                http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3087727.0
                Yep, and it still did not work. It was working fine in Gnome, but I do not like gnome, I do like KDE. I just deleted compiz all toguether. I guess I will be using it in the future. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Hi,
                  I've had similar problems and what fixed it for my was to reinstall my video driver (nvidia). After that I uninstalled all of compiz (libs as well) and then reinstalled. Before trying to restart compiz, I rebooted my box to make sure it comes up and gives me kde. It did. I then did alt-F2 and typed in compiz --replace. The screen went blank (and my heart was in my throat) but then all my wobbly windows came into view.
                  Since then, I have rebooted several times and compiz starts up all by itself and runs without issue.

Comment

Compiz

I will have to try what you said. I just deleted compiz a while back. I might probably reinstall it and give it one more chance.

Comment

Working...
                    X