This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

out of the box question

hey all, just was reading on distro watch that 7.10 has been relased. couldnt be a better time as i desperately need some things up and running from a fresh install.

i am running on the asus f3sv-a1

my main question is, does 7.10 have drivers for the intel wireless 4695 agn wireless netowrking card? if so please let me know, i would greatly appreciate it.

the other q qould be for dvd drive support, but whatever, internet is mor impt / critical at this point.

Re: out of the box question

erm.....does a anyone know if if the installation cd has proper support for intel 4695 abgn someone has to know....

Comment

Long wait, no answers ..... :P

OK, knowing nothing whatever about wireless configuration, I'll offer you this. Why not make a Live CD and boot that, and then see if you can configure your wireless card? If not, you've only lost one blank CD and your time. If so, you can proceed with an installation with some confidence that you'll have wireless.

I searched Ubuntu forum and did not find any problems posted with that Intel wireless chip ... for whatever that is worth.

Comment

ahhhhhhhhhh good idea!! im going to try that right now! and ps, thanks again for the help with the rom issue, but alas, the advice there is not getting me anywhere on that issue.... still trying some things, and will post back soon.

Comment

It's easy for me to talk about other people spending their money

But here's a page full of $30 CD/DVD drives -- if you're running a desktop box, you might want to just pop in a new one and quit fighting the old one.

http://www.newegg.com/Store/Category...-Burners-Media

Comment

Or if you're willing to wait a couple of weeks, you can order one (free) from shipit.

Comment

naw sorry its a laptop so its sort of an as is situation. butttttt i tried the live cd business, and it seemed to work fine, the drive that is.

however

the wireless internet is still an issue....... i dont think 7.10 comes with the proper drivers which im not sure how that was overlooked as a must incorporate into new release idea.......

Comment

oooooooo nvm nvm, was surfing around the forum here and found my answer, well sorta, in networking section. which apparently says if installed the driver will work. so just going to give it a whirl and hope for the best.

Comment

Working...
                X