X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adept very slow to choose app

hi there,,,

I am new to kubuntu and wondering if anyone else has seen that adept is very slow to put 'x' in box, or for that matter remove it to not install...I like the app but atm either its something im doing wrong can't imagine what..slow server or app is just a bit buggy atm ?

I also am unable to get either wmv or quicktime support installed and need it for startrek.com video reviews for episode content..

on a side note..Im reading aLOT of users unhappy with the new strigi search tool and frankly from having just installed kubuntu and seen it,- I have to agree its a mess and wondering why it was included at all..whats wrong with kfind ? ( or whatever is default in kde )..

on another side note I have not played much with dolphin but I do think its a very appealing app visually fits in very nice with kde..I hope its simplicty ( really can't sort by type ? ) is users that just dont know how to use it

one last side note ....whats with system-settings..maybe devs were trying to find a new kcontrol but honestly what was so bad about kcontrol that you could not enhance it where neeeded possibly instead of creating what I also think is a GUI that def. isn't 1) very attractive and 2) does not fit in with the rest of kde..

ok flame if you wish, just my two cents.

thx
    nl
Working...
X