This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And YET another compiz related question

I know, there are tons out there, but i haven't found the answer for mine.

Every time i log in, the number of desktops changes, of coursem, this is after having installed compiz, so i have to play with the numer of desktops so it shows four - if i go to kwin, then i have my normal 2 desktops.

And another question, when log in, the last program that boots up is compiz, so after everything is up and running, the screen goes blank for about 15 seconds and then i have my 3d desktop. is there a way to set i so it is the first and not the last?

thanks

Re: And YET another compiz related question

Well, the KDE pager has always been buggy with compiz/beryl - something about KDE wants 4 virtual desktops, and Compiz wants a single big 4 sided desktop. The only thing I could tell you is to try a modified pager:

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=46021

There's a .deb package at the bottom.

As for launch order, I can't help ya - if you can tell KDE never to start it with the session, you could put a small starter script in ~/.kde/Autostart which should launch before your session is loaded all the way; but unless you can keep it from launching again with your session, you'll crash when the second one tries to replace the first.

At least that's what it did on my box when I was still figuring out how to get it to launch automatically.

Good luck.

Comment

Re: And YET another compiz related question

Originally posted by juantovarm

if i go to kwin, then i have my normal 2 desktops.
      I think you want to change that to one, via right-click on desktop and "configure desktop".

Can't help you on autostart sequence -- compiz wants to run last.

Comment

Working...
      X