X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] BOINC not in Adept

Hello,

I'm trying to install BOINC in Kubuntu 7.10. When I type in "boinc" in adept, I get KBoincSpy and Boinc-Manager, but not the Boinc-client.

I have experience with this error in Ubuntu 7.04: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=502389

So clicked K -> System -> Konsole

typed "sudo apt-get install boinc-client"

I did this because the above thread had me going to the Synaptic manager rather than the Ubuntu Add/Remove Programs link. So I assumed the package exists somewhere, just not in the Add/Remove (Adept) program.

I got an error. It took a minute before I realized that Adept was open and running, which locks the database, and apt-get won't even try.

So I tried again and it works.

Question: Why is it in apt-get and not Adept? Especially since they both use the same files (as I've shown with my error). I have universe, multiverse, proprietary and restricted software shown and repositories active in Adept, so I don't understand why.
    Jester's Ring

Re: [SOLVED] BOINC not in Adept

It is in adept for me with Gutsy.

Comment

Originally posted by lingenfr
      It is in adept for me with Gutsy.
      Under which section? You type in "boinc" and it will filter the display, and it appears where?

Thanks.
      Jester's Ring

Comment

I type in boinc-client and it comes up. When I bring up details, it says "universe/net" under Section.

Comment

Working...
        X