Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Games heroes 3 and 4 not working in wine after gutsy upgrade wine bug??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Games heroes 3 and 4 not working in wine after gutsy upgrade wine bug??

I had two games Heroes 3 and Heroes 4 that i was using under feisty. They were both running fine under feisty. I upgraded to gutsy friday and now neither one works. I get the bouncing icon, then the wine (windows) desktop but then the desktop closes. I don't think it's an audio problem, i never had audio in feisty, and didn't under gutsy, I have two other games that work fine. after I installed audiopulse they even have sound. the game and campaign editors for heroes 3 and 4 work fine too. any suggestions?

Re: Games heroes 3 and heroes 4 not working in wine after gutsy upgrade

Hi bturrie
    are you opening the game from a shortcut or from command-line ? I installed Settlers IV on gutsy under wine and it worked fine from the cmd-line, but did the same as your 2 games from the shortcut.
    Check your command inside the shortcut, it may not be right. mine was totally wrong, i changed it and now it works fine
    I hope that helps
    Intel DG41TY Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66 GHz 3.9 GiB of RAM

Comment

Re: Games heroes 3 and heroes 4 not working in wine after gutsy upgrade

Thanks, your suggestion sounded good, and when I tried running from the command line I got more data. It seems i have a problem with OpenGL here are the error messages I got.

Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
      err:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo couldn't initialize OpenGL, expect problems
      ALSA lib conf.c:3949snd_config_expand) Unknown parameters 0
      ALSA lib control.c:909snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL default:0
      Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
      err:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo couldn't initialize OpenGL, expect problems

Comment

Re: Games heroes 3 and 4 not working in wine after gutsy upgrade OpenGL problem?

I can't be sure but looking at the bugs on winehq it appears that this is a wine problem that was fixed after 09.41 but came back in 09.46 and 09.47

Comment

Working...
        X